How to check iTunes gift card balance: Understanding what an iTunes gift card is will help us understand how to check its balance.
What is iTunes?
iTunes is a great media service from the Apple company. Users can use this online store to access Apple’s products, including software and entertainment. Apple’s iTunes platform comes with the need to conduct transactions due to the availability of many resources. iTunes gift cards fulfill this need.
Among other resources, iTunes gift cards can be used to purchase movies, music, books, and applications.
It is important to understand what an iTunes card is and how it works before learning how to exchange one for cash.
How to check iTunes gift card balance
What is an iTunes Gift Card?
iTunes cards are pre-purchased cards that provide access to Apple’s digital resources using its online store. Music, apps, books, and other resources can be purchased via the platform. Additionally, Apple Music subscribers can subscribe to the app.
There is no similarity between the iTunes gift card and the Apple Store gift card. You can buy Apple products with the Apple store card, including iPhones, iPods, MacBooks, etc. It also provides access to iTunes’ digital services.
This iTunes gift card is a hybrid card, which means it can be purchased as a physical card from a physical store and a digital card from an online vendor. We recommend Tacit Exchange for purchasing digital cards.
When you redeem the gift card and add the balance to your iTunes account, it remains valid regardless of when it was redeemed.
How to check your iTunes gift card balance
Here’s how you can see the balance of your iTunes gift card on your iPhone:
- On your device, install the App Store.
- On the Today tab, tap the top-right corner to access your user icon.
- Your iTunes credit will appear below your name.
To check the balance of your iTunes gift card on Mac OS Catalina, follow these steps:
- The Mac App Store shows your name in the left sidebar.
- If you have linked your credit account to your Apple ID, you will be able to see your credit balance below your name.
You can check the balance of an iTunes gift card on a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes by following these steps:
- Sign in to iTunes using your Apple ID.
- Your Apple ID will appear in the dropdown list when you are logged in.
- Click on the Store tab in the top-right corner to view your account balance.
Without a balance, none of these places will have value.
Your Apple ID account is credited with the balance of an iTunes gift card when it is redeemed. If you are unsure if your gift card has been redeemed, try redeeming it.
What are the uses of an iTunes gift card?
Once your iTunes credit has been redeemed, the following services are available:
- The iTunes App Store offers a variety of games and apps for both iOS and Mac.
- Apple TV and iTunes allow you to view TV shows, music, and movies.
- Various Apple Books titles.
- Apple News+ or Apple TV+ are subscriptions normally charged to your iTunes account.
- Increase iCloud storage.
Why you should use iTunes gift cards
You can add a payment method to your Apple ID during registration. Credit cards are not required for your account, so you don’t have to add one. By redeeming gift cards instead of adding a payment method, you can add credit to your account without adding a payment method.
Apple services are always charged first from your iTunes balance if you access them via iTunes. Therefore, it is impossible to keep your iTunes balance when you buy apps with a credit card.
You will gradually exhaust the balance on your iTunes gift card if you also have an Apple Music subscription whenever you receive a gift card valued at $100. Once your credit has been exhausted, your default payment method will be used again to charge the subscription.
The Apple App Store, iTunes, and Apple Books are the only digital Apple services that can be used to redeem iTunes gift cards. Unfortunately, the Apple Store does not accept iTunes gift cards. However, gift cards can be purchased in Apple’s physical stores and online.
How to trade your iTunes card to cash
You can easily trade your iTunes gift card by following these steps:
Having no account with the Tacit exchange is not a problem. Just click on the “Register” button at the top right corner of the home page.
- To access your Tacit exchange account, you must first sign up. Your dashboard will be displayed to you once you have logged in, where you can see all your transactions.
- Upon opening the dashboard, click “Trade.” It is located at the lower-left corner of the page.
- As soon as you click Trade, you will be taken to the rate calculator, where you can input the card’s information. The amount and card category must be entered.
- Following the card information input, you will be asked to upload a picture of your iTunes card. It is possible to enter the codes on the card if you do not have a physical card or if the image is not clear. Verification is sped up this way.
- Click on “Start Trade” once you’ve entered the details.